Sunday, November 16, 2008

Functional Handmade Gift

Reusable grocery totes are pretty prevalent these days. I made one for my mom and one for my sister-in-law. My sister-in-law's was made from one of the tablecloths from her wedding rehearsal dinner. She seemed to enjoy the sentiment.

I used a basic folded method to make theirs. They work just fine, but I wanted a roomer bag with a flat bottom. I found this pattern that I plan to try out sometime. If anyone beats me to it, let me know how it works or post a picture.

1 comment:

Random_Tangent said...

That's pretty rad and a lot more my speed then what I wanted to attempt on Halloween:

http://community.livejournal.com/drhorribledress/25908.html

(ignore the adult content warning that pops up for some reason)

Some day I'll figure out how to make that coat. Or just buy one online.