Monday, February 23, 2009

broken dishes


I love pretty dishes. My cupboards are packed with a delicate hodgepodge of teacups, dessert plates and juice glasses. This makes setting the table so much more fun because you can put together a unique setting for each place. But it is that much sadder when something breaks because you don't have another that looks just like it.

This glass (which was so nice to sip whiskey from) must have been what inspired me to make paper doll chains a few weeks ago. It broke last night during a collision with this coffee cup.

I always thought this mug would be so much better if it said "After While, Crocodile" on the other side. Now it has a large chip in the brim.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I hate it when I break dishes. And that glass was such a cute one too.