Saturday, March 21, 2009

More vintage fun


I found this image (cover of McCall's Needlework and Crafts Fall/Winter 1962-63) on my newest favorite blog. Cathy of California is a vintage craft loving window designer in Southern California. Her blog is a resource for information on craft and design and full of fun images like the one above. I have spent a lot of time this week reading back into her old posts. I hope her collection of craft books and ephemera ends up in a museum one day so people can explore it.

I love the respect she gives this stuff. I think a lot of people are influenced by the design from the 1960's - 1970's, but that it's sometimes thought of as kind of a guilty pleasure. For me, Cathy's blog has somehow validated my love for some of the color combinations and design elements of the era.

And as long as I'm talking about this time period, here's a cool clip my musician boyfriend found. You've got to love early 60's television.




Elizabeth Cotten on Rainbow Quest with Pete Seeger

No comments: